APPROVAL - What projects REQUIRE approval?
Any exterior modifications to the home must be submitted for committee approval. This includes items such as (but not limited to):
- Front or Rear Yard Landscaping Modifications (plants, trees, shrubs)
- Ground Cover (concrete, pavers, turf, rock)
- Fountain, Pond, Water Feature
- Planter Box
- Patio Covers
- Security Door or Security Gate
- Change of Front Door Type
- Solar (screens or panels)
- Security Cameras or Lights
- Play and Sports Equipment (swing set, trampoline, play structure/house)
- Pool and/or Spa
- Fence or Wall Modifications
- Painting (repainting existing or painting new color)
Please refer to the Design Review Application and your Design Review Guidelines for a complete listing.
APPROVAL - What projects DO NOT REQUIRE approval?
Unless unusual circumstances apply, the following items (“Conforming/Standard Improvements”) do not require written approval by the Reviewer or its representative, provided they meet the minimum described standards for installation itemized below. Conforming/Standard Improvements may be installed by the Homeowner without submission of a Design Review Application.
- Non-Permanent Furniture / Decorations
- Potted Plants (please note - prohibited plants are still not allowed even in pots).
- Antenna or Satellite Dish - No approval is required for the installation of an antenna or satellite receiver that does not exceed the limit of receivers for the Residential Lot and the receivers are mounted on the rear or side wall of the Dwelling (behind the front yard facing return wall) and do not extend above the eave of the Dwelling. Cables must be painted to match the house.
- Replacement of Existing Plants with like material and seasonal color changes do not require prior review, if they conform to Section 4.4 of the Design Review Guidelines.
- Painting the Dwelling or Block Fencing in accordance with the original unit color scheme. Any other painting requires approval.
APPLICATION - Where can I find the Application?
APPLICATION - Can I pay the application fee online?
Yes. Please click here to pay the DRC Application Fee online.
APPLICATION - Where can I find the Guidelines?
APPLICATION - What do I include in the application?
- Application Fee
- Drawings, Plans, and Photos with specific information showing project
- Completed Neighbor Impact Form (if applicable - see project checklist)
- Sub Association Approval Letter (if applicable - Heritage Residents only)
APPLICATION - How much are the fees for the application?
Fee for application submitted for review is $15 (per application).
Fee for application submitted for review that has been installed or started without prior approval is $30 (per application).
Multiple projects may be submitted on one application.
Review fees shall be subject to change as determined by the Design Review Committee in order to offset the Association’s
expense for reviewing and processing applications. Design Review Fee Required at Time of Submittal.
Acceptable forms of payment are:
CREDIT CARD: (credit card processing fee added)
To pay by credit card visit: https://squareup.com/store/cadence-community-assoc
Please attach a copy of your receipt for proof of payment.
CHECK or MONEY ORDER: made out to Cadence Residential Community Master Association
APPLICATION - Where can I submit my application?
Online: APPLY NOW (link above)
CADENCE COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
1170 E SUNSET RD
HENDERSON, NV 89011
TIME FRAME - After I receive my approval, how long do I have to complete my request?
Homeowners have six (6) months to complete their project from date of approval.
TIME FRAME - How long does it take to get approval?
The Design Review Committee has up to 30 days from the date of receiving a COMPLETED application to review and approve/deny your application.
TIME FRAME - How long do I have to landscape my back yard?
Homeowners have one (1) year from close of escrow to complete their backyard landscaping. Homeowners are welcome to submit a Design Review Application for the minimum ground cover required before the deadline and can always complete another application for a more detailed landscaping project should they wish to in the future.
APPROVAL - After I receive my approval, can I modify or deviate from my application slightly?
Approval was granted based on the information the homeowner provided to the committee on the application. A new Design Review Application will need to be submitted should a homeowner need to make any changes to the original application.
PURPOSE - What is the purpose of the Design Review Committee?
Most homeowners associations have a set of written design review standards and processes. Some homeowners mistakenly believe these standards restrict their freedom of individual expression; actually they provide a framework within which each homeowner can express individual tastes and preferences. The standards have been carefully developed to reflect a balance between individual rights and property values in the Association.
Why do we need processes and guidelines to maintain architectural standards?
Perhaps most importantly, we need a basis for treating all homeowners fairly and reasonably. Written guidelines allow homeowners and the design review committee to work from the same criteria.
Sometimes architectural requirements can be complex. The guidelines show exactly what is required, and help design improvements that comply with the Association’s standards.